Amitabh Bachchan is a brand in itself, his name exudes grandeur. He brings the cultural identity of India all over the world and is a global reach only second to Mahatma Gandhi.
Amitabh Bachchan transcends from being just an actor to an icon. Like any giant in history, he has had a tortuous path. The life of Big B (named by his fans) has seen beautiful moments, bad and ugly, as in any self-respecting classic. But Amitabh Bachchan has handled them beautifully and is a unique edition by himself. The actor has a style of his own, a style that no one can imitate.
Personal Life: From the son of a poet to an icon by himself
- Amitabh Bachchan makes his film debut with his voice. A baritone voice that the director of Calcutta Satyajit Ray uses for his film “The Chess Players”, without offering him a role. The young actor had a hard time getting on the screen because of his size – 1.88 m – and his complexion, not sufficiently clear to the taste of the producers of the time.
- Mr. Bachchan was the cast for a supporting role in “Saat Hindustani”. But his first real date with the spotlight came with “Anand” alongside Rajesh Khanna. Ironically, Bachchan eventually outnumbered Khanna with “Zanjeer” (1973). But this only came after a series of 13 flops including “Sanjog”, “Parwana”, “Bansi Birju” and others. But once Bachchan conquered his first epithet, the so-called “angry young man”, he never looked back.
- Success followed him thereafter and is still with him, films like “Sholay”, “Deewaar” and “Amar Akbar Anthony”, “Don”, “Muqqadar Ka Sikandar” and “Mr. Natwarlal “made him the number one Bollywood star in the world of entertainment.
- The whole country experienced the bated event – Bachchan was seriously injured on the set of Coolie. The country prayed and was eventually declared healthy by the Doctors. He remembered the sympathy of the people and is a forever people’s choice.
- The 80s’ consolidated his reputation. The big blow of the casting of “Silsila”, which saw acting together Bachchan, his wife Jaya and the presumed lover Rekha, brought the turmoil in the golden world of gossip.
Big B’s return to Big screen
Amitabh Bachchan gave his best when he played the role of a 14-year-old boy, suffering from progeria in “Paa”.
He returned to the cinema with the superhit “Shahenshah”. There have been sporadic hits like “Hum” and engaging performances like in “Agneepath”.
But flasks like “Jadugar” and “Insaniyat” risked damaging Bachchan’s career. The superstar takes another sabbatical year to devote himself to his ABCL (Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Limited). But for this Bachchan risked failure, because none of the production has received adequate feedback.
Amitabh Bachchan Political Career
In 1984, Bachchan broke away from the entertainment world and entered politics.
However, his political career was short-lived: he resigned after three years, defining politics as a “black pit”. The resignation was the consequence of the accusations charged to the Bachchan brothers (Amitabh and Ajitabh) for involvement in the Bofors scandal. Later they were declared not guilty.
Amitabh Bachchan and Business, a taste of choice
The Bachchan company produced five films and a television show (Dekh Bhai Dekh) in the 1990s.
Amitabh Bachchan and Kaun Banega Crorepati: Definitely a profitable partnership
Amitabh Bachchan’s ABCL was giving him a failure that he was not able to recover. And there comes “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, a game show that catapulted him into a very profitable sector and suddenly Bachchan became the most wanted man on television. He continued to sponsor a large number of commercial brands.
Amitabh Bachchan: An icon well recognized at the International level
In June 2000, he became the first living Asian to have a wax statue at the Madame Tussauds Museum in London.
After giving his power packed performances in Badla, Thugs Of Hindostan, 102 Not Out Amitabh Bachchan will be busy with movies like Gumnaam Brahmastra, Gulabo Sitabo, Tera Yaar Hoon Main, Chehre, Jhund, Laxmmi Bomb, Jewel of India.
Big B is a story that has no end, but only a series of epic episodes …