Kyle MacLachlan is an American actor, who was born on February 22, 1959 to Kent Alan MacLachlan and Catherine, at Yakima, Washington, U.S. His father was a stockbroker and lawyer and mother was a homemaker and a public relations director for a school district. He grew up in Yakima, the eldest of three brothers.
His two younger brothers, Craig and Kent Jr., live in the Seattle area. MacLachlan graduated from Eisenhower High School in Yakima. In 1982, he graduated with a BFA in drama from the University of Washington, as a student of the Professional Actor Training Program. MacLachlan is best known for his role as Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks and its film prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, as well as Paul Atreides in Dune and Jeffrey Beaumont in Blue Velvet.
There is much more to explore about the Disney film Inside Out voice actor. Have a look on some lesser known facts about Kyle MacLachlan
Some lesser known facts about Kyle MacLachlan
1. His born name is Kyle Merritt MacLachlan.
2. His first role was in David Lynch’s “Dune” in 1984.
3. MacLachlan was introduced to stage acting by his mother when she became director of a youth theater program for teenagers that she helped set up in Yakima.
4. Kyle’s mother also sent him to piano lessons from age 9 to 14, when he also began to study classical singing.
5. When Kyle MacLachlan started acting he was immediately noticed by David Lynch for his wholesome boy next door good looks which landed him in a number of roles that were quite the opposite of what his appearance portrayed.
6. Kyle MacLachlan was originally rejected for his first film, Dune, because executive producer Dino De Laurentiis didn’t like his haircut.
7. Kyle MacLachlan has won a Golden Globe Award for best actor and has been nominated twice for the Emmy Awards.
8. Kyle MacLachlan is an avid golfer, and has been ranked on Golf Digest’s Top 100 list of celebrity golfers.
9. Kyle MacLachlan has a deep smooth voice that he is well known for and has played a lot of villainous characters over the period of time.
10. He turned down the Charlie Sheen role in Platoon.