American composer and beauty pageant titleholder Nia Franklin was born on July 27, 1993 as an oldest daughter born to James and Kristy Franklin. She has two younger siblings; a sister, Bailey, and brother, J.D.
In 2011 she graduated from North Davidson High School in Welcome, North Carolina and then in 2015 she attended East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina for a degree in music composition and also earned her Master of Music in 2017 also in music composition.
Here are some lesser known facts about Nia Franklin. Have a look:
1. Her full name is Nia Imani Franklin.
2. Nia Franklin won the crown of Miss America 2019.
3. The talented star is a trained opera singer, a songwriter and she also performed a song from La Boheme for the talent portion of the competition.
4. Nia Franklin became the ninth black woman crowned Miss America in the pageant’s 92-year history. She is the first black woman crowned since 2010.
Nia Franklin: Talented Singer and Writer
5. During her competition for Miss America 2019, Nia Franklin impressed a lot of people with her looks, her personality and her amazing voice.
6. Talented singer and writer Nia Franklin wrote her first song at a very early age of 5 years.
7. She is not only a star but a sweetheart too. Nia Franklin donated stem cells to her dad. Franklin’s father was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma cancer during her freshman year in college, according to her alma mater. After two relapses, doctors said that a stem cell transplant was the best chance to save his life. Franklin was the best match to donate to her father.
8. So as to pay for her college Nia Franklin entered pageantry and she has won a total of 17.250 dollars.
9. It will be amazing to know that the beauty loves to travel. Nia Franklin has mentioned in her past about her love for travel. According to Nia’s Instagram quote one can get to know about her love. Her lines says, “These are my favorite travel essentials … The only thing I’m missing is an eye mask for those long flights”.
10. After being crowned Miss America 2019, Nia Franklin wishes to be able to raise money and awareness for lymphoma cancer research and stem donation. What a great and nice thought isn’t it??