Christopher Reeve was born on September 25, 1952, in New York City to Barbara Pitney Lamb and Franklin D’Olier Reeve. His mother was a journalist and Father was a teacher, novelist, poet, and scholar. He studied at Cornell University and the Juilliard School in New York, and had various stage and television roles before becoming universally known as the star of Superman and its sequels.
Unfortunately fan favourite superman Christopher Reeve died from cardiac arrest on October 10, 2004. He was survived by his wife Dana and son William, as well as his two children, Matthew and Alexandra from Helen Schmidinger, his previous relationship. Following this sadly, next year to his death his wife Dana was diagnosed with cancer and died in March 2006 at the age of 44.
Here are some interesting facts about the veteran star, have a look:
Interesting Facts about Christopher Reeve
- Christopher Reeve famous for his portrayal of the superhero character Superman was an American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, author and activist.
- Reeve is the first and only actor to star in a DC Comics title character as Superman in more than three films.
- He is also the youngest actor ever to be cast as Superman as he was only 24 years old when he first starred as the character in Richard Donner’s 1978 movie “Superman.”
- Christopher Reeve was nine years old when he found his passion for acting.
- He was the first actor to play the role of Superman to have been born after the character was created in 1938.
6. At 6 ft 4 in, he was the tallest of the nine actors who have played the DC comics character of Superman in movies and television.
7. Christopher Reeve refused to wear fake muscles under the suit and continuously worked out during the entire shooting of the movie “Superman” which led to re-shooting of the shots taken at the beginning of the shoot as it did not match the later shots.
8. Do you know?? At the time of his death, Christopher Reeve had regained partial movement in his fingers and toes.
9. The director and producers of the movie auditioned more than 200 actors before finalizing Reeve for the role of Superman.
10. He and his wife Dana opened a center, the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center, devoted to teaching paralyzed people to live more independently in Short Hills, New Jersey.