Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a beautiful Bollywood actress who has given the industry with some of the biggest hits of all time. She was born on November 1, 1973 into a Tulu speaking Bunt family in Mangalore, Karnataka to Krishnaraj (an Army biologist) and mother, Brinda a homemaker. She has one elder brother, Aditya Rai, who is an engineer and works with merchant navy.
Married to Abhishek Bachchan, she belongs to the legendary Bachchan family. Abhishek and Aishwarya had a baby girl, Aaradhya. Here are some lesser known secrets from the glorious life of the beautiful diva.
1. In 1994, Aishwarya Rai was crowned with second place in Miss India pageant and went on to become Miss World.
2. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan had no plans to get into acting and is a trained classical dancer and singer.
3. The actress apparently wanted to pursue medicine and her favourite subject was Zoology.
4. Aishwarya had plans to become an architect therefore she enrolled at Raheja College of Arts.
5. Aishwarya made her acting debut with the 1997 Tamil film Iruvar and bagged her first Hindi film release in Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya the same year.
6. Former Miss World Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has lauded the organisers of the international beauty pageant for removing the swimsuit round from their competition.
7. Aishwarya is felicitated for being the most successful Miss World ever.
8. Rekha was the first actress who came across Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Aishwarya was at a grocery store with her mother when Rekha tapped on the shoulder and recognized her from advertisements.
9. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has been a favourite not just in India, but among international audiences too.
10. Aishwarya was the first Bollywood actress to have her wax statue at the Madame Tussauds museum.
11. Karan Johar approached Ash for his first film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai but Aishwarya refused to do because her dates were given to Jeans.
12. Again the actress had also refused to do a Hollywood film opposite the handsome hunk Brad Pitt. Both were to work together in Troy.
13. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan for the first time appeared together on a talk show with Oprah Winfrey.
14. Aishwarya Rai received several awards, including two Filmfare Awards from ten nominations.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan – awarded with The Padma Shri in 2009
15. She was also awarded with The Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2009 and is also awarded with Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the Government of France in 2012.
16. Adding another feather to her hat the actress is credited as the “most beautiful woman in the world”.
17. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a brand ambassador for several charity organizations.
18. Aishwarya is a Goodwill Ambassador for the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS).
19. Her brother co-produced one of her movies, Dil Ka Rishta.
20. In 1991, Aishwarya won a supermodel contest (organized by Ford) and was eventually featured in the American edition of Vogue.
21. She also won the Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty – Asia and Oceania and also “Miss Photogenic” award.
22. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan made her first commercial for Camlin pencils when she was in the 9th standard.
23. She is the only actress who endorsed both Pepsi and Coca-Cola.
24. Aishwarya is one of the top brand ambassadors in the country.
Aishwarys Rai Bachchan – one of the top paid Bollywood actresses
25. The actress is one of the top paid Bollywood actresses.
26. The Diva has been ranked the 2nd most popular watch brand ambassador worldwide in a survey, conducted by World Watch Report.
27. Aishwarya participated in a world tour called the Magnificent Five together with Rani Mukerji, Aamir Khan, Akshaye Khanna and Twinkle Khanna.
28. Aishwarya was appointed as Longines Ambassador of Elegance.
29. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
30. She is the brand ambassador for The Eye Bank Association of India’s nationwide campaign to promote eye donation in India.
31. “Ram chahe leela chahe” was originally to be performed by Aishwarya.
32. Aishwarya doesn’t discuss the films she signs with her family.
33. Aishwarya loves collecting knick knacks from all over the world. Whenever wherever Aishwarya travels she buys little souvenirs.
34. The diva collects all the articles written on her.
35. The beautiful mother is a strict one too. The little girl is not allowed to buy everything.