21 Lesser known facts about Kangana Ranaut you don’t know
Kangana Ranaut is a known Indian actress and filmmaker who was born on 23 March 1987 in Bhambla, a small town in Himachal Pradesh. She was born into a Rajput family to Amardeep Ranaut, a businessman and Asha Ranaut, a school teacher. She has an elder sister, Rangoli Chandel and a younger brother Akshat. Ranaut was educated at the DAV School in Chandigarh, where she pursued science as her interest subject. But she left her studies and relocated to Delhi at the age of sixteen. There is much more to explore about gorgeous and self made actresses.
Read 21 lesser known facts about beautiful Kangana Ranaut.
21 Lesser known facts about Kangana Ranaut
1. The full name of Kangana is, ‘Kangana Amardeep Ranaut’ while her nickname is Arshad.
2. Kangana Ranaut’s sister Rangoli Chandel, an acid attack survivor.
3. She is also a skilled basketball player.
4. Kangana wanted to be a doctor before stepping into the glamorous world of Bollywood. She dreamt of pursuing a career in the Medical field.
5. She is a trained Kathak dance and took training under Rajendra Chaturvedi for four years in Nateshwar Nritya Kala Mandir.
6. Kangana Ranaut is one of the youngest actresses to win prestigious National Film Awards at the age of 22.
7. Kangana Ranaut has also won four Filmfare Awards: Best Female Debut – Gangster(2006), Best Supporting Actress – Fashion (2008), Best Actress – Queen (2014), and Critics award for Best Actress – Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
8. She has featured six times in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list.
9. In 2020, the Government of India honoured her with the Padma Shri, the country’s fourth highest civilian award.
10. Kangana won her first of three National Awards for 2008 film ‘Fashion’. She was awarded for Best Supporting Actress while Priyanka Chopra took the Best Actress National Award for the same film.
11. She is a vegetarian who loves to cook in her free time. Kangana Ranaut was listed as “India’s hottest vegetarian” by PETA in 2013.
Manikarnika – Kangana’s first film as director
12. ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi’ is Kangana’s first film as director.
13. Surprisingly Kangana has been in the industry from so long till now she has watched only 10 movies. She loves reading books instead of watching movies.
14. Kangana is only the third actress in history of Indian cinema to win two back-to-back Best Actress National Awards. Shabana Azmi and Archana are the other two actresses who won back-to-back National Award Best Actress.
15. Kangana was forced to leave the family home in Himachal Pradesh and did not speak to them for several years, as her father wasn’t happy with her decision of becoming an actress.
16. Kangana arrived in Delhi at age 16 and started modelling for France-based Elite Modelling Agency. She left modelling to join Asmita Theatre group. She performed in a number of plays directed by Arvind Gaur.
17. Very few know that Kangana was the co-writer of the dialogues in ‘Queen’, which was released in 2014.
18. Kangana went to New York for her script writing course but had to leave it halfway as she had to return to India for the promotion of ‘Queen’.
19. In one of her interviews Kangana stated, her father slapped her for the first time because at the age of 15 she wanted to quit her studies and pursue the art of sculpting.
20. The actor is credited in the media as one of the most fashionable celebrities in the country. Kangana has launched her own clothing lines for the brand Vero Moda.
21. Before turning 30 her dream was to live in different countries and in different places.