Here are some lesser-known facts about Actor Sonu Sood
Sonu Sood is an Indian film actor, producer, and yes a social worker who was born to Shakti Sood and Saroj Sood on 30 July 1973. He hailed from Punjabi origin and was raised in Nagpur. While his father had a cloth shop in Moga called Bombay Cloth House, his mother was a professor. His elder sister Monika Sood is a renowned scientist.
He studied in Sacred Heart School, Moga, and graduated from Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering, Nagpur. At a very early age of 23 years the actor was married to Sonali Sood. The couple now has two sons named Ishaan and Ayaan.
Recently the star came into headlines when during the crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic; he offered his hotel to local authorities to use the place for the use of paramedical forces that are fighting the coronavirus. And not only this, he had helped many migrant workers to return to their homes. Sonu Sood has become an inspiration across the country. There is much more to be known about the star.
Have a look on lesser-known facts about Sonu Sood
20 Unknown Facts About Sonu Sood
1. He came to Mumbai and used to live in a 1-BHK flat with 5- 6 people.
2. With his debut in 1999 with Tamil movies, Kallazhagar and Nenjinile, Sonu Sood went on to appear in Telugu film, Hands up in 2000.
3. He then made his debut in the Hindi film industry with Shaheed-E-Azam in 2002 and went on to act in famous movies including Yuva in 2004, Ashiq Banaya Aapne in 2005, and Tollywood movie, Super in 2005.
4. Sonu Sood used to travel by local buses in Mumbai with a pass like any other normal citizen.
5. Prior to acting, Sonu Sood took part in Grasim Mr. India contest and reached the top 5.
6. Sonu Sood is a fitness freak who idolizes Sylvester Stallone.
7. The actor revealed in an interview last year that he does not prefer to have big birthday parties. As a kid, his parents used to throw parties for him, but since they passed away, Sonu Sood has not had much fun on his birthday.
8. Sonu Sood played the role of Indian superhero Naag Raj (Pralay) in a TV commercial. The advertisement was shot back in 1997, before his debut film.
9. Sonu Sood appeared in Kung Fu Yoga aside from Jackie Chan during the shoot of which these two actors became closer friends.
10. Sonu started his career with modelling during the second year of college. His first modelling assignment earned him five hundred Rupees which he used to purchase denim.
11. Sonu Sood has worked in movies of seven different languages, namely Hindi, Punjabi, Kannada, Telugu, English, Tamil, and Chinese.
12. Sonu Sood has a striking resemblance with Big B Amitabh Bachchan.
13. He has appeared in many successful magazines like You & I, Health and Nutrition, Just Urbane, and Crunch Today.
14. Sonu Sood has bagged several awards Like Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Award for Best Villain, Filmfare award for best supporting actor for his Telugu Blockbuster Arundhati.
15. Sonu Sood does not smoke or drink alcohol and is a pure vegetarian.
16. Sonu believes in having a healthy lifestyle.
17. Sonu loves playing the guitar and doing kickboxing.
18. Sonu Sood is ardently religious by nature and worships Lord Ganesha. Although he is profoundly spiritual, he stopped praying for four years after his mother had expired.
19. Sonu loves animals and even owns a pet dog whose name is Snowy.
20. Sonu Sood loves elegant cars, and owns a Porsche and an Audi Q7.